Registration Priority Guidelines
This page provides notice and guidance to all those interested in attending the 2021 Advanced Topics (AT) Seminar in September. Due to the focused training on HIMS monitoring and strong interest in the HIMS Seminars, we have had to implement a priority system for registration. Please note that in order to attend, you must have attended a HIMS Basic Education Seminar in the past and you must have received an invitation to attend.
Please read through the registration priorities below as they apply to all those seeking to attend this HIMS AT Seminar.
HIMS Registration Priority
Please review these guidelines before registering
Those who may register and are automatically approved to attend:
- Volunteer pilots working in the HIMS Program as peer pilots and HIMS Chairs
- Airline management groups (both US and International) that are involved in an Airline or Company HIMS Program
- Medical professionals currently listed on the FAA HIMS AME/IMS List and the FAA HIMS PNP List
Those who may register but will be automatically placed on the waitlist:
- Treatment facilities
Priority 2 attendees will only be approved to attend if there is space available after all Priority 1 invitees have registered.
Those who will not be able to register:
- Doctorate level medical personnel not on the current HIMS AME or PNP list
- Non-doctorate level mental health professionals
- Administrative/office managers
- Spouses/Guests and all others not directly involved in the HIMS Program
Due to limited attendance and demand, those individuals listed here will not be able to attend the current event regardless of prior attendance at a HIMS Basic or AT Seminar.
The HIMS Staff will notify everyone on the waitlist on August 23rd and those approved to attend will need to reserve a hotel room in the HIMS room block by August 25th.
Additional Guidelines for All Attendees
Seminar Registration and Hotel:
Those in priority 2 who book a hotel room prior to being approved to attend and that use the HIMS Group rate will be cancelled/refunded and the HIMS Staff will send you an email.
- Regardless of priority level, you cannot send someone to the seminar in your place. Everyone must be individually approved to attend.
- You can cancel your registration at any time by emailing HIMS@aviationmedicine.com.
- You must indicate in your email if you want a refund as no refunds are processed without a request.
a.Refund requests can be made up to 1 week prior to the seminar, (09/06/2021). If requested by 09/06/2021, a full refund will be processed.
b.Refund requests made after 09/06/2021 cannot be processed. At that time, all funds have been committed to cover seminar costs.
- If you have a hotel room, please allow the HIMS Staff to cancel your room so that it remains part of the HIMS room block.
We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause but we believe they are necessary in order to meet our main priority to educate those who are directly and actively involved in monitoring pilots in the HIMS program. If attendance limits allow, we will provide space for those that have an interest in more active involvement in the HIMS program. Further information regarding the HIMS program and the HIMS Advanced Topics Seminar can be found at www.HIMSprogram.com.